Non-destructive wire rope testing involves determining the condition of wire rope still in service to ensure that it is safe for use.
This test (AS4812 Non-destructive examination and discard criteria for wire ropes in mine winding systems) is generally used for ensuring the safety and operational efficiency of winders in the mining industry.
However this test can also be used for other facilities or equipment (including AS 4722 passenger ropeways and passenger conveyor) for:
- ski fields
- building lifts
- building maintenance units
- amusement parks
- cable conveyors
Our staff and laboratory can address the requirements of all current standards, regulations, guidelines and specifications relating to the non-destructive testing of wire ropes.
- hold industry-recognised engineering qualifications
- are classified 'competent' as defined by the NSW Department of Resources and Energy
- hold SGS, STAX and DAMSTRA generic contractor cards
Our laboratory holds these NATA accreditations:
- Magnetic Flux Leakage Testing by Instrumental Indication - 6.62.01.
- Visual Inspection of Materials - 6.92.01
We also hold Department of Mineral Resources, Coal Mining Inspectorate and Engineering Branch Approval - C89/1222.
Submit an enquiry or call us on (02) 4724 4900 to request testing or further information.